Wednesday 19 March 2014

Jumping On The Healthy Living Bandwagon. Finally.

So since I'm already on a roll, I decided to write another entry on why one should try leading a healthy life, why I'm procrastinating on leading a healthy life, and what you can do to ease into the healthy lifestyle.

Starting off with Why Should You Try (at least a little) To Live Healthy?
What exactly is living healthy?
 That definition changes from person to person, because God made us into 'individuals' and then went ahead and poured in 'perspectives' into our minds. Now if you're a non-believer in higher power and God and destiny and such, and are strictly a science-driven person, then brace yourselves, because Science tells you, you're gonna die if you're not making attempts at living healthy. We all know we're all gonna die eventually but even I know premature 'death from eating too much junk food' ain't gonna look good on the gravestone. That coming from a butter-lover, you had better believe it even if you're common sense got fried at birth.
So coming back to the more pressing question, what is being healthy? Simply put, it's a sense of well being. In a Utopic world that would mean everybody has an hourglass figure or buffed body with no disease specific or mutating genes whatsoever and they can gobble up as many curly fries and cola as they want and still fit into that cute tiny black toga. In the real world however, you have to do more than just watch your fattening food intake and exercise. Sounds like a lotta work, huh? Not really. Stick with me a lil' longer here...

So how does one attain a healthy body? Through exercise and eating judiciously, silly. Even a kid could tell you that. So why are you here, why are you reading this?
Let me answer this one, because you wanna find solace in another established eat-healthy-live-healthy failure of a person and mollycoddle yourself to sleep with fake promises of trying to start being 'healthy' from 'tomorrow'. Caught ya!

That brings me to the next part of my pseudo-article cum self rant.
PROCRASTINATION.
You know you're doing it, everybody tells you not to do it, but you feel so good doing it you don't wanna stop.
Well here's the scary truth. Procrastination's doing you, and not in a vanilla-kinda of way, but literally screwing you out of all the opportunities in life including a chance to be healthy.
I have been a procrastinator for the better part of my life, I still indulge in it when I think no one's looking. So it's safe to say I know the concept better than anybody else. But lately it's not as nice as it was back when I was 4 years old, lately it's been coming back to bite my rear and ignoring the chances of this sounding super weird and corny, I like my rear and I would like to save it at all costs.

I don't believe in the thigh-gap or diet fads cropping up on the internet like lemonade stands on the sidewalk in summer, nor a frame most plastic toys (aimed at little girls) would make you believe you want. I don't encourage incessant working out and not having fun, nor do I promote doing nothing to get rid of that beer belly and keep having fun. (It's college, just you wait, all that alcohol is going to catch up with you one day or the other.) I like to tread the middle ground, moderately hassle free and low maintenance. Health to me is having my daily dose of recommended calories and feeling full on salads and meat(truce veggie people) and still being able to rock a pair of shorts, but to realize that dream I still have an awful lotta distance to travel in this journey of mine. So here's an offer - I'm not exactly offering to backpack through Europe here, so I understand if you guys don't wanna jump into the wagon but here's the truth that nobody tells you, if you're not as blessed as Gweneth Paltrow's AMEX card, you will topple off your healthy routine and you'll climb back again sure, but that's not gonna be of much help to you in the long run. So let's just support and comfort each other ladies (and men if you're reading this) and take the plunge into living fitter and healthier a little at a time, everyday, motivating n encouraging each other and realizing that it's okay to indulge in that bag of chips as long as you don't dive headlong into the world of junk food.  
   So let's just take an oath - I am going to live healthy without starving myself and exercise everyday, because while it won't guarantee that I'll live extra longer but it'll certainly mean that I'll be feeling good about myself and love myself for it. 

Stay tuned for a filling breakfast recipe, and remember, carbs are not entirely your enemies, you just have to distinguish the good from the bad & the ugly!

Take care and keep smiling,
Tina :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment